Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Full Moon Alert!

Due to an OB doctors appt in the middle of the day (which is middle of the night for me) and my spending too much time trying to make the photo album with the 3D pics, I got very little sleep today. Probably only 5 hours, which is about half what I normally get! I know that luxury wont last forever, but for now, I'm enjoying it. Anyway, I sort of had a back up plan for tonight all along so wasn't too worried that I wasn't going to get much sleep. I normally go into work at 7pm, and before I left this morning I noticed they had accidentally sceduled 3 nurses instead of 2 from 7pm until 11pm. So I figured I would call around 5pm and tell them that I would be more than happy to stay home until 11pm. I'd be saving the hospital money, get a little more sleep, make dinner and watch dancing with the stars! Sounds pretty good huh? Well, no such luck!They said the way the night was going, they would probably need 3 nurses so I should just come on in at 7! UGH, I forgot it was a full moon. So much for my plan!

5 comments:

Scoobers said...

Ah! I noticed that too! Luckily I have tonight off but am going back tomorrow night. ugh.
At least you have 3 instead of 2 to deal with the chaos!
Good luck and have a good night!

Unknown said...

Holy cow! They are busy enough to need 3 nurses?! I almost wish I could be there to see that! LOL! I hope you have a good night, and that it stays just busy enough so it goes fast (and you stay awake)! BTW - I love your 3D pictures! I can't wait to meet the real thing!

Francie said...

Oh, yea, the moon was so awesome last night, too... it was like this plump and chubby face just sitting in/on a cloud with the colors of the sunset as the frame. Unfortunately, I'm not blogging as much as I used to, so I didn't have a camera glued to my hand at the time, but it was amazing!
Sorry about your luck.
Did you tell Jodi about the fall pumpkin ideas?

Denise said...

Hi Lori-

I hope you don't mind but I copied your idea and put the moon phase on my blog. It's so true as any ER nurse can testify!

Scoobers said...

It's OVER! The moon and my shifts!

I have survived!

: )