Saturday, September 8, 2007

No internet? Seriously?

Yesterday at work I discovered they have restricted all internet access. You now must have a login password (which I have not been privileged enough to have) to get online.

I actually think it's a good idea for them to give staff login id's because that way they can monitor what your looking at, and then if a website is visited that shouldn't be, they know who did it and can deal with one person rather than punishing everyone. I have nothing to hide, I look at baby stuff and blogs, email, read news, check weather, etc, etc, all harmless stuff.

I know it sounds like I spend a lot of time on the internet at work, but when I don't have any patients to take care of, what else is there to do? I work night shift and its a small ER, many nights I have 4 or more hours of no patients with nothing to do and I am by myself. The doctor is sleeping, and the secretary is usually reading a book or on the web herself. There is only so much stocking and cleaning up you can do, and it doesn't take 4 hours.

Oh, I am so annoyed by this! Luckily I just bought a new book; Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks. Hopefully that will occupy me until I can sweet talk the manager into giving me a password.

5 comments:

Scoobers said...

oh the HORROR!
Seriously, I am sad for you.

We were just talking about this lastnight at work and perished the thought.

I completely understand and there is only so much reading you can do too without wanting to curl up and fall asleep!

You could take up knitting! : )

Rachael said...

I say figure out a way to get your hands on a password. You make a good case.

Have fun at work tonight!

Cecelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecelia said...

That's too bad. Maybe you could take up knitting or crochet.

Unknown said...

I was there last night and discovered that I am locked out too. (Thanks for the warning!) But someone's login is already being used by others, and she is gonna have a lot of crap on hers if they ever check! How long do you think this will last? :) Call me!