Monday, September 17, 2007

28 week photos

28 1/2 week photo for all of you! I tell you I'm beginning to think this was a bad idea to post pictures every month. It's not nearly as fun as it was when I started at only 20 weeks.
Next week I will have some baby pictures you show you, I am having a 3D ultrasound. I'm excited to see those pictures. I am getting this 3D ultrasound for free too! It is usually not covered by insurance, but I traded a box of tomatoes for it. Pretty good deal don't you think? The U/S tech wanted tomatoes for making salsa and so I brought her in a box from the farm, she asked my sister what she owed me for them and they decided a free 3D U/S would be payment enough. I felt kind of lucky since an U/S cost about $250 and a box of tomatoes about.... shockingly I just realized I have no idea what a box of tomatoes goes for, but I'm guessing I got the better end of the deal, especially since the tomatoes came from the farm and didn't cost me personally anything, nor did I have to pick them. So the last time I went in for an appointment I took her another box or tomatoes. (to even up the trade a bit)


Last evening we went to visit a friend who had a baby less than 2 weeks ago. Todd wouldn't even hold the baby. Apparently he has never held one before, he figured he's gone this long without holding one, he might as well wait and let his own baby be his first. So while this baby thing is going to be a new experience for both of us, I think he is in for the bigger surprise.

Baby Bruce (our dog) is so far the only baby he's held, and as you can see he's not really a baby, he just gets the nickname because he acts like one. Or maybe because we treat him like one, not sure which is more accurate.

7 comments:

Francie said...

Like I said before, you have such cute clothes! I don't know which clothes I like the best: pregnant clothes or non-pregnant clothes!
I like that picture, too. I think you should be proud of yourself for being such a 'HOT MOMMA' already!

Rachael said...

I think you made out pretty well in your trade.

~ V ~ said...

I have a garden full of green tomatoes right now. We've only picked about a dozen ripe cherry tomatoes. I would give a lot for some nice ripe tomatoes to can. Two boxes of tomatoes for an ultrasound...it sounds even to me!

Mike built up an area around our tomatoes so we can cover them at night. Hopefully they'll have a chance to ripen up before it gets too cold.

Anonymous said...

You sure know how to strike a bargain!

Cecelia said...

You look so cute!

Yeah So said...

Looking good!

Shannon said...

You look absoultely adorable.

Ive been thinking about a long weekend visit... Dont want to miss out on seeing you in person before the baby arrives.

is one weekend better then another?