Thursday, November 29, 2007

Still waiting...

Yesterday at work my first patient of the night said to me "you look like your going to pop!" later the same patient said, "you look so tired, are you doing a double shift?" NO! I HAVE ONLY BEEN AT WORK FOR 2 HOURS! WHY ARE YOU SO RUDE? is what I wanted to say. So after her 2 not so nice comments she then tried to be nicer and ask a more acceptable question, "what are you having?" In my frustration with her I decided to be a bit sarcastic and said "a baby?" DUH???? Okay the duh part I kept to myself. But I was beginning to wish I wasn't at work and was instead at home sitting on my couch watching TV. Fortunately the rest of my patients that night were old and made no mention of me being pregnant, ready to pop, or tired. Although people at work keep asking me when it's going to happen. I wish I knew! Thankfully tonight is my last night to work! The last 3 Thursdays I have worked have been exceptionally nice and easy, I got to work with Amy (my friend outside of work) and we have been able to watch TV fairly uninterrupted by patients from about 7pm to 10pm. We have to watch TV in separate patient rooms because she prefers CSI and I prefer Grey's Anatomy. Hopefully that will happen again tonight because I really don't want to work that hard, and I'd really like to watch Grey's Anatomy!
So yes this means there is no baby yet! My mom says it's just the baby's way of showing me who's boss? Which is kind of funny that my mom said that, because I clearly remember her telling me many a times "When you get to be the mother you can make the decisions." I guess that must start after he's born because so far he isn't listening!

7 comments:

Scoobers said...

tonight is the night. yes. it is...

but after Grey's.

Francie said...

You crack me up, Lori!
You know, everytime you call, it makes my heart race, and I think, "do I have enough gas in my tank to get to the hospital?"

Lori said...

Kathy,
I hate typo's I can't believe all this time I've been spelling Grey's wrong. But if tonight's the night, what better way to get out of my last shift.

Francie,
Just go fill your tank all the way up with gas and I promise I'll have the baby before you need to fill up again!

Mandy Lou said...

Right, you are not allowed to go into labor during any of you favorite shows (it's a rule I think).

Be careful driving home later though - it's yucky here on my side of MI, I'm guessing it's no picnic over there!

Tina in CT said...

Your son will come when HE is good and ready unfortunately. At least you and your husband have everything ready and if your sister fills her gas tank, she'll also be ready. Just don't have him when Rachel is unavailable. Just think how lucky you will be to have your own personal doctor!

I'll be watching Rachel's blog to hear the big news as I doubt if you'll be blogging in the recovery room on your laptop. My daughter, Moscowmom, did pick up her knitting in there not long after having Natalia. She sure surprised the nurses.

Hope you go within the next day or so and have a very short and easy delivery.

Rachael said...

Kind of sucks that you don't even get out of one day of work! I bet it will happen this weekend, now that you're done with work.

Hope you get to watch Grey's tonight, because if you go into labor tomorrow, you might not get to your Tivo'd shows for awhile!

Amy said...

I am really glad you made it through our last Thursday for a while... too bad no TV though. I will miss you! But I will be bugging you a lot outside of work now cause I can't wait to see that little boy!