Friday, November 16, 2007

More pregnancy talk, (sorry that's all I can think about these days.)

I seem to be coming down with a cold, I have had a sore throat for 2 days and tonight when I was over at my sisters house visiting with my mom and Rachael's kids, I was sneezing nonstop and very congested. I think I am allergic to their dogs and cat, because I normally sneeze a lot when I'm over there, but that wouldn't explain the sore throat so I think I really do have a cold. My mom said that when she was pregnant with all of us kids (all 6 times) she got a cold every single time one week before she went into labor. So she is predicting that I will have the baby by next Friday. This could create a problem since my doctor is out of town next Friday for the Thanksgiving weekend, and my sister Rachael just happens to be the doctor on call. I'm not sure how I feel about having my sister deliver my baby, it's not that I don't think she's a good doctor and all, it just seems a little strange. Apparently she says it's only strange for me, to her it's just a job. Also the hospital has a policy against doctors treating immediate family members. But if there isn't anyone else to do it, they will just have to make an exception I guess.


On the flip side, it would be really great to have this baby because I am so tired of being pregnant! 37 weeks is a long time, and I am ready to be done. Also since mom is in town and my sister from New York is also coming for Thanksgiving it would be nice if I had the baby while they were here so they could all meet the little guy. It also helps that I got the baby room almost ready. Thanks to my mom, we went through all my gifts and organized and put everything away. Just a few finishing touches and the nursery will be all done. I will try to post some pictures soon of the finished room. I even washed all the new baby clothes, sheets and blankets. When the first load of baby clothes came out of the dryer it was actually fun to fold and put away all the cute little outfits, however by the 4th load I was no longer having fun. Also, my car seat and stroller were delivered yesterday via FedEx, so now I think I have just about everything I need. Just need the baby now.


Here is a picture of my new stroller/car seat combo, It's a PegPergo that I thought was going to be a splurge, but then I found it for a great price on the internet and saved $125 off the average asking price, plus free shipping and no tax. I love it when I find a good bargain.
These things are tricky to figure out too. It was rather frustrating trying to figure out how to open and close the stroller, and how to attach the car seat to the stroller.


Here is a picture of my new Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag that I thought I just had to have, spent too much money on, and now that I have it I don't like it. Unfortunately I can't return it, only exchange it for another one, but all of their fabrics are so bright, which is exactly what I don't like about it. Hopefully I can find something a little less loud. What do you think? Is it too loud?


P.S. Rachael if you read this: Can I take Sudafed? The box says to consult a doctor before taking if pregnant, and I really need some.

10 comments:

Libby G. said...

I am not Rachael, but my doctor told me I could take Sudafed last week. I am guessing since you are way further along than me it should be okay, right?

And for the record, I am jealous you are almost done. My back is starting to hurt and this kid is already attacking my ribs and bladder (not at the same time yet, though)! Makes me think of Stuart from MadTV "Look what I can do!"

Jodi said...

Hey Lori! I like the bag! It's very stylish. Do they have a web site?

Rachael said...

Yes, you can take Sudafed.

I hope it wasn't my kids that got you sick, but I'm guessing it was.

I like the diaper bag. I don't think it's too loud. But, I guess I'll have to see it in person.

I almost bought you a "Kate Spade" diaper bag here in the Bahamas. I use the quotation marks because the price leads me to believe it wasn't really Kate Spade. It was nice though. I didn't buy it because I knew you had ordered yours. Bummer that you don't like it. Maybe it will grow on you.

Lori said...

I'm glad I can take Sudafed, I figured it was okay but I didn't have a drug book handy to look it up. And Yes Rachael I think it was either you or your kids that got me sick, Ben is still coughing, I gave him some children's cough and cold medicine I found in your kitchen last night. That's when I found the Sudafed too. Katya drank some of my Diet Coke last night after I told her not to because I was sick, so if she gets sick it's not my fault, I warned her.

I'm hoping the diaper bag grows on me too, seeing as I can't really return it.

Jodi the website is www.petunia.com if you look at it and see one you like better let me know.

Tina in CT said...

I like the diaper bag. Better than those drab navy blue ones. Sudafed kept me awake last week when I was sick so I hope it doesn't have the same effect on you. Aren't there other OB/GYN's that could do the delivery?

I was 5 weeks early with Moscowmom and it was wonderful to not go the entire 9 months.

Sounds like you are starting the "nesting" so maybe it will be earlier than planned. Good luck!

Hope you nip the illness in the bud.

Shannon said...

Come to think of it... I was so sick the week before (it started on Friday night)Maddy was born that my Dr had to put me on anti nausea Medication to make sure I didnt go into labor. I went into labor the following Firday and had her by Saturday morning. Maybe Mom is right. You shoulod ask Rachael if she remembers getting sick too. Maybe we should leave this weekend so I get to spend time with you: still being pregnant.

I was glad to hear you got a Peg Perego. they have had the best reviews out of all the buggies. I had one too. They are so light it makes them great for traveling.

Scoobers said...

LOUD?! What?! WHAT?!

just kidding. i think the bag is pretty. sucks though that they don't allow returns.

i hope that you start feeling better soon.

ONE MORE WEEK!!! YAY!

ERnursey said...

The bag is gorgeous! I can't believe it is a diaper bag, how far we've come in the decades since I had kids. I think I would rather have my sister than some strange man deliver my baby. That is how they did it in the old days before the medical model took over and decided that babies can't be born without medical intervention.

Amy said...

I like that bag! and I love the stroller/carseat. It will be easy to fold and attach after the first hundred times or so.
I hope you feel better!

Just Laura said...

You're nesting!!! It sounds like eeryone is getting sick or out of control allergies.

I love the bag very chic.