Monday, November 12, 2007

Pregnancy thoughts

Can you believe I only have 23 more days? I can't! Now everything seems to be going so fast. My whole pregnancy I have been feeling like it's taking forever and wanting to rush things along, and now that it's so close, I think I'm ready for it to slow down. I'm not ready yet. I haven't come to terms with the fact that this is going to hurt, a lot! The baby's room is not anywhere close to ready, my plans for organizing it this weekend didn't exactly work out as planned. The whole nesting phase your supposed to go through where you get a big burst of energy and get super productive... hasn't happened yet. So my long mental list of things to do aren't getting done. My mom is coming into town tomorrow to watch Rachael's kids while she goes to a medical conference in the Bahama's. Lucky her! So hopefully my mom will come to the rescue and help me get stuff done, I already have a few projects in mind for her while she's here.
Oh and for the record, since this blog is the closest thing to a journal I have, last week when I went to my 36 week doctor appt, I was 1cm dilated and 20% effaced! Rachael did some pushing around on my stomach yesterday and predicted with her medical expertise that the baby probably weighs 6 pounds right now, and if I deliver him on time he will probably weigh 7 and a half pounds. So I guess we'll see, but that sounds pretty encouraging.
Only 9 more shifts at work before I take off for my maternity leave!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow. I can't believe it's only 23 more days. It certainly went by fast for me! :)

And, I think what I predicted was 7 1/2 to 8 pounds. Funny how you only heard the first part!

Amy said...

So pretty soon you will be one of us... ya know, one of those moms who has a pregnant friend and tells her ALL about when she delivered her kid(s)!
I know it is scary, but it is TOTALLY worth it. And once your labor actually starts, it is not the pain you are thinking about - it is that little baby boy and getting him here. (I was more excited than scared by then.)
And just remember, Epidurals are a good thing!
heehee
I can't wait to meet that baby boy!

Just Laura said...

I am so very excited for you. Amy is right - pain is the last thing on your mind when you're in labor. Although the thought crosses your mind every couple of minutes or so - just breath through it. Concentrate - in.... and out.

Write down everything you remember and cherish every moment. Once you're a Mom time flies faster than you ever thought.

Mandy Lou said...

Seven pounds is a nice size, not too big.

I have no kids, but the one bit of advice I have, write off the last two weeks. I've had a couple of friends and a sister that delivered early and weren't ready (they were counting on those babies to be on time!).

Hope you mom can help you get through the mental list.

Libby G. said...

Okay, Amy, WHAT?! I was totally thinking "OMG PAIN!" when I was having Kyra! But she was a very big baby... I hope mine is 7 1/2 lbs too! But yes, epidurals=happy mommy. And did Amy tell you about what a dilemma it was that Zack was born on Superbowl Sunday? If Amy hadn't had an epidural, my mother would have been throttled for checking the score as often as she did!

Denise said...

I always have strange dreams but the ones's during my pregnancy were really strange! I didn't have a plan with Max regarding an epidural or not but when I finally relented it was awesome. No aches or pains whatsoever. I won't tell you how big Max was... it might scare you! Thank goodness for c-sections is all I have to say!