Friday, November 30, 2007

My maternity leave starts today!

Yeah! I'm all done working! I finally made it through my last 12 hour night I thought would never end. Not because it was so busy, but something about it being my last shift really made it drag. And it was too busy to watch TV, I guess my good luck ran out, but fortunately I heard Grey's was a rerun anyway.
I went in for a second membrane stripping this morning (aren't you glad your getting all the details?). Then I came home and took a good long nap and now I'm awake for the day, even though it's 4pm and the day is almost over. And I just ate a whole pineapple to help the labor thing. Now I fell sick, and I'm pretty sure I never want to eat pineapple again. So I'm doing everything I can, I would sure like to have this baby by the weekends end. Mostly because I'm afraid of how big he's getting, but also because I'm so big and my stomach is so tight and I'm so tired of being pregnant and so uncomfortable, and the list goes on and on. I really wasn't much of a complainer during my whole pregnancy, I think I actually did quite well, but I'm making up for it now.
Okay, consider yourselves updated, I'm going to go to the mall now to walk around and see if that helps. My friend Michelle suggested this to me earlier this week but I told her I thought that might get really expensive. (since my maternity leave is unpaid I have to be a bit more careful) She laughed at me and said I wasn't supposed to shop, its just a place to walk where it's warm. I will try to refrain from shopping and just walk. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Scoobers said...

drat! i really thought last night would be it! i hope the shopping, i mean walking helps :)

Shannon said...

I'm expecting a call sometime tonight!

My labor started on a Friday night and it worked out perfect. Maybe you will be lucky and tonight is the night.

Make sure to call me!

Libby G. said...

HA! So I am not the only miserable one! But I have WAY longer to go than you do! Just remember that! I expect Amy to keep me posted on when you go into labor! She took my kid shopping tonight, the lucky little kid...

Amy said...

Tonight would still be good... tomorrow would be good too. But if you hold out until Monday, call me if you want to go "walking" again. I have a few Christmas presents to get. :)

Rachael said...

It's 2 AM. I am only up because I heard my cell phone ringing out in the kitchen and I excitedly thought you were calling to say you were in labor! Unfortunately, it was only my answering service. They screwed up the on call list and thought I was on call. Oops.

Alright, back to bed and waiting for your call.

Mandy Lou said...

You're comments crack me up! Sorry about the pineapple - sorry it didn't work and you might never have another :-). Happy walking and not too much spending (though there's always holiday shopping).