Friday, August 31, 2007

The full moon is gone

Ahh, the full moon is gone and so is it's lingering effect on my job. I thought I'd escaped the chaos it brings since I didn't actually work on the night of the full moon (monday 8-27) but the chaos was not only present several days before the full moon, it also seemed to linger for a few days after. In addition to being unusually busy (in the normally not very busy ER that I work in), there was a noticeable increase in psychiatric and/or ignorant and/or drunk patients or a combination of all three. As annoying as these patients are, they always seem to make the night a bit more exciting, and I can usually find some humor in the situation. Not that it's right to laugh at these patients or make fun of them, but being able to find some humor in a bad situation is the only way to stay sane sometimes. The night started off with several of these crazy patients, but by 2am all was quiet in the ER and not a single patient for the rest of the night. Ahh, So Nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yikes! our Onc unit has turned into a makeshift psych unit.
Did you work during the eclipse???
Holy bejesus.