Saturday, August 18, 2007

All good things must come to an end

And by that I mean summer. Even though it is my favorite time of year, I must admit the heat can start to get to you after a while. The last few days have been a little cooler and I must admit it makes me happy to know that fall is coming soon. It also means that farming season will soon be over. I'm starting to miss my husband just a bit. If the month of August continues the way it has, which I expect it will, Todd will have worked over 400 hours this month. Makes it sort of hard for me to complain about my 36 hour/3day a week job. Thankfully he's not much of a complainer, he seems to love his job despite the long hours.

Other things that remind me that summer is over is that my nieces and nephews are starting back to school on Monday. The fair is always the last week before school starts for them. Kristen and Jack both got invites to the fair with friends which left little Katya feeling left out. I decided since it was my day off that I would take her and my friend Michelle's daughter, Olivia to the fair. Since I can't exactly ride the rides myself, the girls are the same age and size so I figured they would enjoy riding the same rides together. However, Katya turned out to be just a little bit more of a daredevil than Olivia and only wanted to ride very fast rides. Most of the rides she wanted to ride she was too short for. But they compromised and sometimes Olivia was having a blast with the ride and Katya was bored, and other times Katya was screaming with delight and Olivia was holding on for dear life. Here's a few pictures.

Here both girls are enjoying the ride.....
until Katya decides it isn't exciting enough for her so she pretends to be asleep.
I got roped into going on this ride because after we waited in line for 15 minutes, the carnie worker informed us that the girls weren't tall enough to ride without an adult. I said I didn't have a wristband so I couldn't ride, he said it was okay he'd let me ride. I then told him I was pregnant, just in case he didn't notice, but he said it would be safe to ride even though I'm pregnant. So I went ahead and rode the ride. I don't think my baby liked it too much, it was the pirate ship ride that rocks way up one way, and then way back the other way.
I later got some flack from Olivia's dad for taking pregnancy advice from a carnie worker.
We then moved on to the animals, where again Katya was again fearless, I was surprised she didn't get bitten by one of the animals. She went right up and stuck her hands in to pet just about every animal. Olivia would wait to make sure Katya didn't get bit before she would stick her hand out there.



We met up with Jack at the fair so I could take him home, and he fell and hurt his knee. So we made a stop at the first aid tent on the way out.

All in all it was a fun day at the fair, I got my fill of it until next year. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I was so thankful I could drop them all of at their homes and go to my own quiet house and relax.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm glad you took pics. -- both times we went to the fair this week, I forgot my camera.

Yeah, probably not a good idea to get your pregnancy advice from the carnie.

Shannon said...

And relax as much as you can now! Like the 16 year old from the ER said... Your life will never be the same! lol

*Marie* said...

Thanks for your comment, Honey. And feel free to spread the word around- the more people that know the better.