Sunday, March 16, 2008

I am not Baby Wise...

But I'm trying.

Is this not the cutest little bottom you've ever seen?

(not counting your own kid of course, since I know everyone thinks their kid is the cutest)

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I am beginning to realize that a schedule is the best way to go. I work such odd shifts myself that I thought it would be hard to put Anthony on a schedule and stick to it. Plus I figured if we weren't on a "schedule" my baby would be more flexible about being able to go with the flow. Rather than be a mess if he missed his nap, or something like that.

Today I tried to put Anthony down for a nap while he was awake and see if he could fall asleep on his own. I was only going to wait 5 minutes before going to him, but after 2 minutes my husband was giving me a huge guilt trip about letting him cry. I explained what I was trying to do, and that I was going to go in there in a couple minutes if he didn't settle down. He says "Do you want him to change his own diapers and feed himself too? He's a baby!" He then went in to him, picked him up and rocked him to sleep.
I don't like to hear him cry either, but Todd can't handle it at all. So I guess that is something I will have to work on with Anthony when his Daddy is at work.

Do you like the sepia tone better or the color version up top? I'm thinking about framing one of them for my bathroom wall above the bathtub.

16 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Could you get your husband a copy of the book?

Cecelia said...

Todd is such a good daddy. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a more attentive father. But, wait, there is Derrick. He would fall into that same category.

Paula said...

My DH is the same way. Sometimes in the middle of the night we'll hear Hannah on the monitor and he'll say "should I go down and get her?" and I'll say " no just wait a minute" and sure enough 9 times out of 10 she will go back to sleep on her own within 2 minutes.
Yes, baby's like schedules (and mommies too)
somedays, there is nothing you can do about it, but M-F Hannah is on a really good eating/sleeping schedule.

Rachael said...

I like both pictures, but Anthony is going to be really annoyed with you some day for putting his little n@ked bum out there on the Internet.

Mom had a pic just like that framed of me at our house in OK, and I was always SO embarred by that.

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina in CT said...

I like the sepia best. Having it framed for a couple of years would be cute but after that, I'd suggest removing it so he does not get upset once he is preschool age.

Just Laura said...

You should probably both read the book together as there are questions for both of you to answer. Fun-fun.

=)

Scoobers said...

How freekin' CUTE! I love baby butts!
I like the first picture, myself, but maybe in b&w. Kind of looks like he's flying in the second one-- wheeee!

He looks like he's having fun.

Shannon said...

Not so sure if I would be annoyed or thankful for Todd being so attentive. Sometimes, it is nice to be in charge of making the schedule and sticking everyone in the house to it. It is also frustrating to be in charge during the "night shift" when you would like to sleep through the crying. anyway you look at it... The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side!

I definately agree with the majority on some kind of schedule though. It only gets harder as the baby sinks into his OWN routine and you and Todd become acustomed to his schedule instead of your's. Instead of Anthony being accomadating, you and Todd will have to be.

I like the first pic of his n@aked bum. Oh, he will hate you for it though!

(When does famr season start?)

Cecelia said...

I like the sepia picture best if you are going to be framing it. He is so cute.

Yeah So said...

Get him to watch supernanny! It's all about routine. Or maybe you should tell him he's going to make his tough little boy a wimp if he doesn't let him cry it out once in a while (within reason of course - 5 minutes is nothing!). He doesn't want to be one of those dads that goes running out on the field every two seconds if his son falls down playing sports, does he??

And I like the color photo best.

Francie said...

Sepia is best. But I think you should maybe wait until he's holding his head up a bit more and retake the picture, so there's more cute face (maybe smiling!)

Amy said...

He is so cute! I vote for the sepia for framing too. But I agree that he may not like it too much when he realizes that everyone who uses your bathroom is seeing his little naked butt.
And good luck with the schedule. It worked well for us. The first time I left Zack with my mom for more than a few hours, I left her with 3 pages of "instructions" and the times Zack ate, drank, slept, etc. It worked for us then, but it's kind of funny now. I wonder if she kept that...

Natalie said...

Cutest butt I've seen in a long time! Well, it sounds like you found your solution, let Anthony cry and Todd will put him to sleep. It's not the plan you were initially looking for, but it worked once, you should try it until it doesn't work...

Mandy Lou said...

That is one cute baby butt! I think I have to vote for the top picture though!

BabyMakes4 said...

I hate that Todd isn't on the same page as you! But maybe you can still develop a routine/schedule and not make Anthony cry it out. Good luck!! I have a feeling we're about to start going through all of the crying/sleeping issues again (but I'm totally grateful to be here to be able to do that!)