I've been tagged by CM to tell 6 quirks about myself. This should be easy because I'm sure I have more than 6, deciding which ones I want to tell about is the tricky part. Here goes.
1. I am easily annoyed by noises made by the mouth. See 2 and 3.
2. It drives me crazy to hear people smack when they eat or chew gum. It just isn’t something anyone else should have to hear you doing. I especially hate it when they fold the gum in half inside their mouth to make little bubbles and then pop them. If I am around someone who is doing this I have to either ask them to stop or leave. I can’t ignore or tune it out no matter how hard I try. My mom and my sister Shannon are the worst gum chewers I know, Francie isn't far behind. I have to use the 3 warning rule with my mom, if I have to remind her 3 times to stop chewing her gum loudly she has to spit it out. If I have gum and she wants a piece, I don’t give it to her, I loan it to her, that way I can take it back at any time and throw it away.
3. I don’t like humming or whistling, especially whistling. I know it’s a happy thing to do, but seriously don’t do it around me or I will quickly find a reason to be somewhere else. There is a secretary at my work who is always whistling the same tune (I think it’s her cell phone ring) over and over again and it’s a really high pitched sound that hurts my ears. I’ve asked her to stop and she does for a little while, but then she forgets. I finally gave up asking her to stop, and now whenever she starts whistling I start talking to her so she can’t whistle.
Okay, this isn’t supposed to be 6 things that annoy me so I’m moving on.
4. My favorite condiment is salt. I salt almost everything I eat and usually without tasting it first. Just a couple shakes, not super salty. I think I do it more out of habit than anything else. I even put salt on my pizza and pancakes. The only thing I don’t salt is fruit. I put salt in my oatmeal, several good shakes. When I was 16 I worked in a nursing home as a nurses aid and when I would set up the breakfast trays for all the old people I would fix their oatmeal with salt, butter and sugar. I couldn’t figure out why they never seemed to like it, I thought everyone salted their oatmeal until one day the nurse saw me doing it and informed me that people don’t eat oatmeal that way.
5. I have the worst sense of direction. If you give me directions please don’t tell me to go to the light and turn west. Just say left or right or I will go the wrong way. If I am driving somewhere and I have to guess which way to go, I will always guess wrong. I’ve even tried the reverse psychology thing on myself and go the way I think is wrong hoping that it will actually be the right way and I’m still wrong. I have a navigation system in my car so I don’t get lost nearly as often as I used to, but it isn't fail proof.
6. I’m a vegetarian. Born and raised that way with no intention of changing. The thought of eating an animal grosses me out, but if you come to my house I will cook it for you. I have mastered shake and bake chicken and steak on the grill. If Todd ever gets sick of either of those I am in trouble, or I should say he's in trouble.
I did eat a muscle one time (I should say swallowed, because I didn’t chew it, it just slid right down my throat) to impress a boy and in exchange he had to eat a spoonful of Tabasco sauce. Then there was the time Todd paid me $20 to eat one bite of coconut chicken. It actually wasn’t that bad, I offered to eat another bite for another $20.
Okay, now it's my turn to tag other people to confess quirks of their own.
Here are the rules:
Link back to the person who tagged you
Mention the rules in your blog post
List six of your quirks
Tag six bloggers and link to them
Leave a comment on each tagged persons blog letting them know they've been tagged!