Monday, September 7, 2009

County Fair 2009

The last hurrah of summer is the county fair the 3rd week of August. I took Tony last year too, but he was a bit too small to really enjoy it. This year was better for sure, he LOVED the animals, but was a little too short for most of the rides. Hopefully he will grow a few inches this year and next year will be even more fun.

Nothing quenches your thirst on a hot day like a Hush Puppy!
Tony loved the animals, he thinks they all say "boo" It was kind of embarrassing every time he saw a horse or cow he'd yell really loudly "boo".
He thought the goats said 'boo' too.
He was especially fascinated by the chickens, I had to pull him away from them kicking and crying.
This little baby horse was so cute.
Tony thought the rabbits were pretty cute too, until I tried to get him to pet one, then he wanted as far away from it as possible.
This little girl was so cute I just had to take her picture. I wish I had gotten a full body shot, she looked like an orphan, all dirty with mismatched clothes, and holy shoes. She was the proud owner of 3 rabbits all with at least 6 babies each. She appeared to be there by herself, so after she told me they were all her rabbits, I asked her if she took care of them all by herself. She looked at me and said matter-of-factly "I have a mom and dad!"
Standing in line for one of the 2 rides he was big enough to ride.
The other 1 of 2 rides he could go on.
Jack rode with him on this ride. I love this picture because Jack is being so sweet to Tony, look how he has his arm around him.
He loves his cousin Kristen, he was so excited to see her at the fair.
A consolation prize on the way out.

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Tony is really a little boy and no longer a toddler. He looks older in the pictures.

I bet he had a great time. Next year will be even better for him as he'll be taller.

Elle J said...

We are headed to "our big fair" this weekend ... I will be sure to teach my kiddos how to say BOO to all the animals too. :) What a ham ~ too funny!

Brandy said...

He is so cute. That is great that you live close to your sisters and they have cousins to grow up with. My best memories were always with Kim, Steve and Casey. Wish we saw you guys more. I remember Shannon the most as a kid because she was about the same age as Kim and I and I think you and Casey were the same age. My brother and Rachel and Steve and Ryan were the closest in age too. I don't remember your younger siblings though. So long ago. I have pictures from Granny and will have to send you guys some one day.

Natalie said...

i think he is getting spoiled! He looks like he had a blast. What cute pictures!

PrincessGreen17 said...

Fun! Great pictures! I bet it was really fun to watch him watching the animals. That picture of him by the fence is the best!

Rachael said...

Oh, Brandy - I want to see the pictures!

Love the pic of Jack with Tony. That is really sweet. I love how excited he gets to see his cousins!

Kathy said...

LOVE the pics of Tony with his drink and him standing in line for the ride. So adorable!