Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Diet

Okay so I hate to diet, but I really need to. I have tried exercising, but it's so hard with two babies who never seem to give me a break. When they actually do, the very last thing I want to do is exercise. So I am putting off exercising until I can get the two of them napping simultaneously on a regular basis. However, I will try to walk outside more, especially now that I have a double stroller. But with summer nearly here, and the last 12 pounds from baby Bella I'm still holding onto, I am going to have to do something.
Here is my plan:
Eat less, a lot less. In fact I will try to only eat when I am truly hungry. (i.e. stomach growling)
When I eat, I can eat whatever I want, (this is how I rebel against dieting) but I must eat a portion size appropriate to the healthiness of what I am eating. You know, if it's bad, eat less, but if it's healthy I can have a little more. That kind of thing.
Preferably no snacking between meals, but really that just isn't practical for me and I know I will not be able to do it. So I will try to make my snacks healthy and follow this one rule. Before I can have the snack, I have to drink a full glass of water and wait 20 minutes. I heard or read somewhere that hunger can be mistaken for thirst, so this is a good way to double check. Also a lot of times I snack out of boredom, and maybe in that 20 minutes I will be distracted and forget about it.

Okay, that's it, I am giving it 2 weeks to see if I make progress. If not, I have to go on a real diet.

Wish me luck and feel free to join in and give it a try for 2 weeks. I know it has the potential to work, I've done it before, and gotten really skinny. Then again I was 22, so it might not be as easy this time around.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

yeah, you were too skinny then. Your head looked big like the famous people when they get too skinny. But I'd take it any day. It's easier to get fat than skinny!

Tina in CT said...

Remember that you also had not had two babies 14 months apart.

You'll get the last pounds off. Running around after two little ones is the best diet ever.

Kathy said...

Good luck with it! I thought for sure I'd be able to slim down by chasing my twins around, but it didn't happen as well as I hoped.
I'll be looking forward to your updates to see how you do. If it's sucessful, I'll definitely give your plan a try after our next little one is born in August.

Rachael said...

I don't think your plan would work for me. If I waited to eat until I was hungry, I'd overeat for sure. But, I definitely need to do something too. Summer is coming!

Cecelia said...

If I only didn't have to think about dieting, I could get so much more accomplished.

Shanna said...

good luck! I am using the nursing excuse for my diet. I was cleared to start taking walks though. Thanks for the dairy advice, seems to be the culprit. The first two were not so sensitive.