Monday, March 9, 2009

35, 36, 37 and 15

My lack of blogging is not because I've had the baby, it's because I'm still very pregnant. Every day I get more and more tired, I find myself waking up and counting the hours til nap time. Sometimes I think I need the nap more out of habit than anything else, I don't always feel tired, but I fear if I don't take it when I have the chance, I will regret it later. This is why I have been slacking with the blog lately. But today I am sacrificing my precious nap to give everyone an update on what's going on.

At 35 Weeks I had the fibroid that decided to degenerate and start causing all kinds of pain.
At 36 weeks I had a day of contractions that lasted all day long, making me think I was in labor. I had seen my doctor that day and she said I was 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced so with the frequent contractions I was having, she strongly advised us to cancel our weekend getaway plans. I wouldn't have minded canceling the plans had we ended up having a baby that weekend, but the contractions only lasted another 10 hours and then stopped sometime during the night. Luckily I never went in to the hospital, I kept waiting till it was really really bad before I went in, not wanting to be sent home later if it turned out to be false labor.
The 37th week has so far been uneventful for the most part, no contractions, and no more fibroid pain. I still think this pregnancy is harder, or else I just forget how bad it is in the end. My stomach must be smashed by the baby because I can't eat much without really bad heartburn. I guess the good in that is that I lost 4 pounds instead of gaining 4 pounds the past 2 weeks. Which I look at as 4 less pounds to have to lose after the baby is born! So now I am 8 pounds lighter and my stomach is 1 inch smaller than the day I had Anthony. Of course I still have 2 1/2 more weeks to go, so a lot can happen.
I cut a few of my 12 hour shifts at the busier ER down to 8 hour shifts which helps a lot, but I still have to do 12 hour night shifts at the other easier ER. I have 6 more shifts scheduled before the baby is due.
My mom plans to come up right away this time when I have the baby to help out, and it isn't convenient for her until my due date, and my sister Rachael and her family are going to FL for spring break next week and the doctor who is supposed to deliver Isabella will also be out for spring break, so everyone would like this baby to wait until she is due to be born. I must say it was really nice having my sister with me in the hospital room when I had Anthony. Anytime I needed something I got it, I didn't have to wait for the nurse to call the doctor, my sister pretty much gave all the orders. Plus I'm pretty sure it got me a little extra attention from my nurse and the best l&d room and post partum room too. But, if Isabella wants to be born when everyone is gone, I wont complain, cause I am so tired of being pregnant!!

And now for something about my other baby...
Tony had his 15 month check up today, weighing in at 20 pounds 8 ounces (he only gained 10 ounces in the past 3 months) he has fallen to the 5th percentile, but still 50th percentile for height. The doctor isn't worried, says he looks and acts healthy, so I guess I'm not worried either. He got another round of shots today, and I think Tony has finally figured out that going to the doctor is not a fun thing despite the really fun toys in the waiting room.
He is walking a lot more these days, later today I will try to capture it on video and post it. He is still a bit wobbly and it's pretty cute to see. As far as talking, he says 3 words that we can understand, and maybe a few more than we don't. I suppose if we took the pacifier away from him he'd talk more, but really I'm not ready for that.

Okay, I must cut this short cause I'm starting to panic about missing out on my nap. Later today I will put some pictures up of Anthony and a video of him walking.

5 comments:

Shanna said...

Sounds like you are doing great despite the regular pangs that go along with the last part of pregnancy! I love the baby's name!

Thanks for the update.

Natalie said...

Oh Tony must be so little and adorable! I love his skinny little legs. Hope you got your nap you wanted so desperately. Get your sleep, we have a big day this weekend painting.

Cecelia said...

I reminded my boss today that when you call, I'm leaving. His comment was, "how long will you be gone?" He didn't look too happy when he took a look at the calendar. I told him he would do just fine without me.

Rachael said...

I'm pretty sure you'll still get the VIP treatment by association, even if you have the baby while I'm gone. But, I still hope you wait til I get back!!!

Shannon said...

I sure hope Isabella waits. That would be so sad if she snunk in while everyone was away.