Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting continues….

So I guess I just sort of left those following along hanging… maybe you think I'm still in Kherson.  I'm not.  I had to go home.  I waited an extra 3 days after Todd flew home, and then I flew home too.  My people in Ukraine that are helping me assured me that going home to wait for the director was not going to hurt anything.  Work and family were needing me, so home I went.  I have been home now for a week, and it feels like the longest week ever.  Still no news.  Our new friends the Jacobson's stayed in Kherson until they got the directors signature and they got it 2 days after I flew home.  Yay for them!!!  I am so happy for them.  I wasn't terribly surprised that he signed theirs and not ours.  They were very patient and didn't ask for anything, they waited until the director asked to meet with them.  The complete opposite approach that I took. So now I know that being a little pushy probably wasn't in my best interest.   So long as the story has a happy ending, it doesn't really matter how we get there right?

So the waiting continues…  tomorrow is day 7 of 10.  Director has 10 business days to sign.  He either signs that he agrees/supports the adoption, or decides he does not support the adoption.  His support makes the whole process faster, and less complicated.  If he decided to not support it, it will mean he must go before the judge and say why he feels we should not adopt Anya.  We have already been approved by the USA and Ukraine to adopt, so his decision is specific to the child only.  So as long as Anya wants to be adopted (she does) and we want to adopt her (we do), I can't imagine what reason he could give.  So that being said, I am assuming he is just waiting the 10 days to prove a point.

I am really thankful that Ukraine is 7 hours ahead of us, so when I go to sleep tonight, I will wake up tomorrow and it will be 3pm in Ukraine.  So I will know by tomorrow morning if he has signed or if the waiting continues.  I sense another long sleepless night coming on.  Oh how I've had so many of these throughout this whole process!

Meanwhile, I am getting sweet messages via Facebook from Anya that keep me encouraged.  She had a birthday just a few days after I flew home, I'm so thankful that the Jacobson's threw her and her roommate Suzanna (who turns 15 2 weeks after Anya) a birthday party!  If it weren't for them, the birthdays would have gone by with no acknowledgement.

I promise to update just as soon as I hear anything, but don't assume no news is good news, lack of blog posts most likely means, I'm still waiting….  


Sanchit Khera said...

Great stuff ! :)

Tina in CT said...

Sounds like the diector is power crazy.

Hope you wake today to good news.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

You are really cut out for this! I'm impressed with your reasonable and realistic attitude. I pride myself on that, and can't hold a candle to you.

Glad, reading this, I already know via FB that he signed, though!!!