Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Patio, Kids, and Brewster News

Earlier this summer I had it so good with coordinating kid naps, I could almost always get a couple hours of quiet time to myself each day. Now it seems they alternate so that one is always sleeping, or both are awake, but very rarely both sleeping. This makes it hard to get anything done at home or out of the house. Oh well, it is what it is... I'm sure in a few weeks the routine will change again, and if not, at least I know that farm season is coming to an end and Todd will be home more to help out with the kids. I am so looking forward to that, it's been a long summer.
The patio is almost complete, the only think lacking is one set of stairs and half of the floor. My dad flies back home to Oklahoma in 13 days, so lets hope the weather cooperates so he can get it all done. This has been what seems like a never ending project, and it is so good (especially for our pocket book) to finally see it coming to an end. I'm looking forward to being able to use it next summer. I think we will be spending a lot of time out there if Tony's love for being outside is still as strong as it is now. Bella will be running around too, so the two of them will have a grand time playing in the yard, while I sit on the patio relaxing.
Bella hit a milestone today, she finally rolled over. We were playing in the basement she was on her back on her play mat, I ran upstairs to get my phone, and when I came back she was on her tummy! I am so mad I missed it. But then shortly after that she rolled onto her back again, so she has officially rolled both ways. All in the same day. (See Rach, I told you she would do it when she's good and ready.)
Tony's vocabulary has exploded, he says so many words, I can't even begin to list all of them, and he repeats everything you say, it is so cute (most of the time). He is also starting to put words together like, Where'd it go?, up high, down low, let's go and Fruit Snacks! I just love listening to him talk, he has the cutest little voice. He is learning the meaning to words too. He knows book, milk, money, NO, hot, poop, Barney, Elmo, sister, car, truck, tractor, and the list goes on and on. He also loves to read books, he has his favorites, and we read them over and over and over and he never seems to tire of the same book (unlike me).
Buying fall clothes for the kids has become a challenge, Tony is 22 pounds, so weight wise he should be wearing 12-18 month clothes, but height wise he needs 18-24, Bella has the opposite problem, if they fit her in the waist/thighs they are too long. Poor kids, they are going to look like a bunch of ragamuffins this Fall.
Our dog Brewster went to the groomer the other day, and we were informed that he has fleas, and not just a few, but the second worse case the groomer has seen all summer! Now that is embarrassing, I didn't even know he had them, I never see him scratching. I used to be so good at putting the flee drops on him, but I guess I got a little lax about it this summer. So basically the groomer advised I flea bomb my house! Oh joy. I don't think my house was infested, but then again I didn't think the dog was either, so I figured better safe than sorry. You have to leave the house for 2 hours, and then vacuum, mop and clean all counter surfaces! I don't think I'll ever forget to medicate my dog again for fleas, that was a huge inconvenience, not to mention expensive. Thank goodness I kicked him out of my bed a few months ago!

Okay, now for some pictures....



These are the steps still needing to be built...
Just this half of the floor left to do.


The half of the floor that is done.
Brewster all cleaned up. I felt so guilty about neglecting him this summer, I bought him a new bed.



He discovered the Ice/Water feature on the fridge.
That would be a block of white chocolate in his mouth! He didn't eat it, he just carried it around the house in his mouth all day.
Trying to get into bed to play with Bella. I let him do it once and he fell out on his head, so no more of that, but he still always wants in.
Working with "Boppy" on the patio scratching out joints.

Giving Bella a "kiss"

That's all for now.

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Adorable kids, stone deck to kill for and a freshly groomed cute dog with no fleas - what more could a girl ask for?

One year my first dachshund got fleas but not as badly as Brewster had. I bombed each floor of the house. Fritz only had a few. I went right to the drops on the neck the following spring and never had that problem again.

I give the drops and Heartworm pill the 1st of each month.

Remedy for Tony's pants. Buy the pants that have the elastic in the waist and buy bib overalls. They look so cute on toddlers. As for Bells, buy the larger size and just hem her pants. Also buy jumpers for her and use tights. Cotton knit leggings are great as it doesn't matter if they are longer as they are form fitting and you can roll them up too.

Your father is a great craftsman and is building you a showpiece.

Unknown said...

AH HA HA the picture of Tony kissing Bella is priceless!

Rachael said...

The deck - er, PATIO, I mean - is looking great.

I wish you hadn't told me about the fleas though - makes my skin crawl. I immediately panicked and checked both my dogs though. No fleas. Phew.

Natalie said...

awe, those were cute pictures! patio looks great. Sucks about Bruce and the house!! Wonder if MY dog has fleas? Hope not, and you are right, he is going to be a lot more annoying when he does naughty things when the baby comes. He will have to be a really good dog if he wants to get positive attention! He woke us up last night trying to get into the cookies AGAIN!

Shanna said...

I love the picture of Tony giving Bella a kiss!
Your patio looks great. It will be so nice next summer.

Brandy said...

Your kids are so adorable. I love their facial expressions. The patio looks amazing. Great Job.

PrincessGreen17 said...

They are so adorable!!! The patio looks great, y'all are going to have so many fun times on it. Can you post a video of Tony talking?

Paula said...

Tony and Bella are so cute! I love the patio, looks great. Glad everything is going well. Yes, I'm still blogging, but needed some extra $$ for the family so I started selling on Ebay and I LOVE it! So, that has taken my time away from blogging too.
You and I are in the same boat, two little ones very close together. This past year has been a tough one in our household, but its slowly getting easier as our little Bella can walk now and Hannah's out of diapers. There IS light at the end of the tunnel :)